How we can help
There are many ways that Romsey Young Carers may be able to help your child or children. Some young carers appreciate that Romsey Young Carers gives a break from responsibilities at home. Others come along for the fun! Romsey Young Carers also:
- Helps young carers with support in their practical tasks through first aid training, cook days etc;
- Has staff and volunteers who are able to act as a listening ear;
- Can, with your permission, liaise with schools to inform them of the situation so we can work together to improve things for your child;
- Helps young carers understand and talk about what it means to be a young carer.
At Romsey Young Carers we ensure that:
- Our work is centred around the needs of young carers;
- Safety of young carers is our paramount priority;
- All our staff and volunteers are CRB checked and have provided referees;
- We have a high ratio of helpers to young carers to give each of them the support and care they need;
- All young carers living in Romsey and the Southern Test Valley are welcome to join the project;
- We are fully insured for all activties and outings;
- We follow guidelines and policies as a registered charity.
What we can offer – for your whole family
In recent years Romsey Young Carers has started running whole family events. These have been a huge success, giving parents and children the chance to meet those in a similar situation and it has been great to see our families able to enjoy themselves together.
Although our focus is on the young carers themselves we understand that it is a difficult situation for all family members. We can research and inform you of other agencies and schemes that can provide practical support and/or funding for you and your family.
Romsey Young Carers can also offer:
- Family Support and advice;
- Advocating for families with schools and other agencies;
- Information and contact details of other agencies and opportunites such as holidays and grants;
- Enjoyable events for family to spend together as a whole;
- Recognition of the difficulties disability and illness can bring to family life.