As a volunteer with the project you could be:
- Helping at clubs – playing games or creating some art with the children or young people; listening to a young person; and/ or helping with the food;
- Helping out on activities and events including supervising them on fun outings (often with the chance to have a go on many of the rides / activities yourself); or
- Transporting young carers to clubs, outings and events.
Whatever you could be doing, you will be making a difference to a young person who needs support.
You can end up helping in all sorts of ways. I help at the junior club. One week I might spend all my time helping with crafts, the next time I could be preparing food. I may end up playing football or I might be listening to a young carer, worried for their mum who is in hospital again. - Neil, Volunteer
Or on a more occasional basis you could be involved with:
- Helping with or hosting fundraising events for the project;
- Baking a birthday cake for a young carer;
- Sharing a hobby or interest with young carers at club;
- Assisting with office or IT tasks;
- Helping with BBQs and picnics;
- Running a stall for fundraising or publicity events; or
- Helping us organise Christmas presents for the children and young people